read moreMany give off toxic fumes which are known as VOCs (volatile organic compounds) which build up in the body causing fatigue, headaches, and many other illnesses.
while the chemicals in cleaners foam, bleach, and disinfect to make our dishes, bathtubs and countertops gleaming and germ-free, many also contribute to indoor air pollution, are poisonous if ingested, and can be harmful if inhaled or touched. In fact, some cleaners are among the most toxic products found in the home. In 2000, cleaning products were responsible for nearly 10% of all toxic exposures reported to U.S. Poison Control Centers, accounting for 206,636 calls. Of these, 120,434 exposures involved children under six, who can swallow or spill cleaners stored or left open inside the home…(see http://www.organicconsumers.org/articles/article_279.cfm)
Continue reading Post ID 8111